Lost default app

Ry Morris

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I rooted my samsung galaxy Avant and I accidentally uninstalled the default SMS app that came with the phone. how do I reinstall that exact same app?
The only solution I can think of would be to Bluetooth share from another samsung galaxy Avant. Is there a site where I can go and download and reinstall the exact default app that came with the phone?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I rooted my samsung galaxy Avant and I accidentally uninstalled the default SMS app that came with the phone. how do I reinstall that exact same app?
The only solution I can think of would be to Bluetooth share from another samsung galaxy Avant. Is there a site where I can go and download and reinstall the exact default app that came with the phone?

If you can't find the app and I just checked the Samsung Store and didn't see it, then you will need to flash the official ROM.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Look for an app named Messaging. Use a backup app to back Messaging up to an apk file. (App Backup & Restore will do it.) Copy the apk file to the phone without the messaging app. Find the apk file in My Files (in whatever folder you put it in - use All on the first screen so you can get to everything). When you find the apk file, tap it. Either it'll install or you'll be given the choice of what to run it in. Run it in the installer. Then, if you want an icon for it on your homescreen, you'll have to drag it from the app drawer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781