I had issues with phone storage on my Nexus a while ago, as I have tons of pictures/videos, so I deleted them from my device while keeping them auto backed up. However, my phone suddenly can't update anything now due to lack of space. When I went to settings<storage, the G+ app was the storage-sucking culprit. It tells me:

Storage
    Total - 7.9GB
    App - 68.7MB
    Data - 7.83GB

I'm guessing my photos on the cloud are that "data", so I'm concerned about hitting that "Clear Data" button, which says all the data will be deleted permanently, incl. settings, accounts, databases etc. I don't know how much of my google account this will affect? I don't want to lose my photo data from the cloud. Any ideas what I should do?

(also I've already run Clean Master)
    06-03-2015 02:40 PM
    You have 32 ounces of milk in a quart container and are asking how you can get the milk to not take up so much space in the container. 7.899GB of data is going to take up 7.899GB of space.

Open a Box account and move everything from your Google account to your Box account. When you run out again, open a Mega account and do the same thing.

Google free cloud storage, and you'll find petabytes of free space available.

How do you store everything on one account if it's more thn the free space you get? You have topay for more space on that account.

(BTW, a 128GB SD card isn't that expensive, and can probably meet all your storage needs for years. You just need an OTG cable and a card reder if you want to keep the data with you. [It's cheaper doing it that way than buying a 128GB microSD card. The cable is about a buck and the Anker card reader (I think it's a great product and, no, I'm not affiliated with them, I'm just a customer) is under $10.])
    channellius likes this.
    06-03-2015 03:12 PM
    Clearing your Google+ data shouldn't delete any of your photos. Make sure you have a backup in the the cloud and, as an extra meassure, uncheck the sync box for G+ in the settings - accounts. Check this link.

https://productforums.google.com/for...us/Fvm48Y8lZ5I

And another one:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...r-storage.html
    channellius likes this.
    06-03-2015 03:19 PM
    Rukbat, I didn't need more space on the account, just needed to free space on my smartphone. I'd love to keep the photos on my phone if I could, and I'd buy a microSD card too, if the phone had a slot for it, but it doesn't. Anyway, thanks for the advice.

And cheers Javier P. Followed your advice and phone is all good now, and pictures are safe and sound. Thank you very much!
    Javier P likes this.
    06-03-2015 04:39 PM
    Glad it helped and welcome to the forums!
    06-03-2015 04:43 PM