Why is my phone getting hot?

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace 4. I downloaded a software upgrade yesterday. Since then my phone has been telling me that text messages have failed and some of them haven't. Receiving emails and texts OK (I think). Battery is being used very quickly and phone is getting hot. Have had a message saying "com.android.agent. has stopped working". Have spoken to Samsung who failed to access the phone to allow me to back up my data before doing a factory reset. Did factory reset anyway in the hope of resolving problems. No luck! Any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Maybe the SD card got corrupted during the update--a corrupt media file on the SD could cause overheating and battery drain due to the Media Scanner getting stuck on the file. This causes increased CPU usage, heat generation, and battery drain. Try unmounting the SD (in Settings>Storage), removing it, and rebooting. You can also insert the SD card into your computer and run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html