fabian bonifacio

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Ok so my friends having an issue with his zte phone I'm not very familiar with it, its reading the SD card and the SD card is now the main source of memory, as directed by the phone. But when he tries to download any app the phone says error: not enough storage on phone, would a factory reset fix this or does anyone know how to exactly, please and thank you :)

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
When you go to Settings, Storage, how much free storage does it say that you have?

....And yes, factory resetting would give you more storage space, by erasing everything you've put on the phone....NOT a good idea. :)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure you've observed the correct procedures when putting in the SD card?

Also, apps cannot normally be downloaded to the SD card.

You may be able to make more internal storage space available by uninstalling your own apps that you no longer need; also by deleting some personal data, which you could backup to Cloud storage first if wished, then delete from the phone.
Try also clearing the cache in Settings, Storage, Cached Data.

fabian bonifacio

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Well unless I did so something wrong it's pretty easy to mount the SD card, but he had a 3 GB SD card before this one and the phone was able to download what he wanted, now that the 16 GB one is in, its acting up and three cache data was cleared the phones internal memory isn't a lot at all, there's only like 3 apps installed currently

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
First, let me apologise....I misunderstood your first post. I thought you were asking whether a Factory Reset would make more storage space....on reading it again I can see that you were obviously asking whether it would fix the storage error problem. It's possible, but rather a drastic step, and in your position I would try a Cache Partition wipe first, which is easier to do, causes no loss of personal data, and may fix the problem.
Get back to us if still no go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech