Only low res pictures in 3rd party apps

ogh27

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I just recently bought a Huawei Ascend G7 and have been quite satisfied until I had a closer look at the pictures I've taken so far.

If I use the Gallery app shipped with the Huawei flavored Android I can view the pictures in full quality and resolution and they look really good.

If I use any third party app (google photos, line gallery or facebook to upload pictures) I get to see only very low resolution versions of the photos.
Even pinching and zooming doesn't help. The photo that is being shown in the 3rd party apps is definitely the same file with the same resolution (checked e.g. in "details" in google photos) but I only get to see the full resolution pictures in the Huawei gallery app.

I wouldn't mind and just stick to the Huawei app but I can't even upload full res versions of my photos with this setup.

I've tried clearing all the caches and data of the relevant programs (Media Storage, Gallery app, Google Photos) and restarting the device but that didn't help.

I would really appreciate any hints or advise to either narrow down or solve this problem.

Thanks a lot!

ogh

Posted via the Android Central App

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I just recently bought a Huawei Ascend G7 and have been quite satisfied until I had a closer look at the pictures I've taken so far.

If I use the Gallery app shipped with the Huawei flavored Android I can view the pictures in full quality and resolution and they look really good.

If I use any third party app (google photos, line gallery or facebook to upload pictures) I get to see only very low resolution versions of the photos.
Even pinching and zooming doesn't help. The photo that is being shown in the 3rd party apps is definitely the same file with the same resolution (checked e.g. in "details" in google photos) but I only get to see the full resolution pictures in the Huawei gallery app.

I wouldn't mind and just stick to the Huawei app but I can't even upload full res versions of my photos with this setup.

I've tried clearing all the caches and data of the relevant programs (Media Storage, Gallery app, Google Photos) and restarting the device but that didn't help.

I would really appreciate any hints or advise to either narrow down or solve this problem.

Thanks a lot!

ogh

Posted via the Android Central App

Welcome to Android Central!

Do you have the photos uploading in full res in the Google Photos Backup? They are probably low res looking because you are looking at the pictures from the cloud and it is probably a cached version of the photo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan