GPS Satellite Aquisition Inside A Car

JackInCT-USA

May 10, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7") wifi only. I would like to try out an auto nav app but when my device is on the dashboard its screen is way too small to see, i. e., it's too far away. It appears that the only solution is to purchase a mount type system that would allow me to pivot & swing out the device so that it's closer to my eyes. But I'm wondering if I do that will I wind up blocking the GPS satellites from locking onto my device, i. e., the roof of the car will block satellite acquisition [a line of sight issue]. Anyone have any first hand experience with this?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7") wifi only. I would like to try out an auto nav app but when my device is on the dashboard its screen is way too small to see, i. e., it's too far away. It appears that the only solution is to purchase a mount type system that would allow me to pivot & swing out the device so that it's closer to my eyes. But I'm wondering if I do that will I wind up blocking the GPS satellites from locking onto my device, i. e., the roof of the car will block satellite acquisition [a line of sight issue]. Anyone have any first hand experience with this?

Welcome to Android Central!

You shouldn't have any blocking issue from your car roof. It should work just fine.