Trying to install app from google play: Error [RPC:S-7:AEC-7 ... ], any suggestions?

A

AC Question

I can't download from google play. For ex. trying to install whatsapp an error appears.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Does this occur on both wi-fi and mobile data?

Go to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager. Now try again.

If that does't help, go to Settings>Accounts, remove your Google account completely, then add it back again.

kathy13xia

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Does this occur on both wi-fi and mobile data?

Go to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager. Now try again.

If that does't help, go to Settings>Accounts, remove your Google account completely, then add it back again.

Wow, that worked for my Nexus 4, thank you so much.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Despite clearing cache and data..force stopping google play,google play services and download manager and removing and adding account...problem remains...

Welcome to Android Central. :)

Have you tried reviewing your payment methods? Or is that not relevant to you?

Posted via the Android Central App

NicoM77

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
what do you mean with the payment method? do we need to register that even if using only free services? In the past I always skipped that step and it did not give any error message

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08