How do i assign a different tone to an individual contact email on S 6 Edge.

A

AC Question

How do i assign a different tone to an individual contact email on S 6 Edge. I am able to do for all favourites. But if I need to set an alarm kind of tone for say my Boss only then how do i do. I could do it on My blackberry. In the Samsung S6 Edge i am able to do for Phone and Message for a specific contact but not mail. please help. Thanks

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
How do i assign a different tone to an individual contact email on S 6 Edge. I am able to do for all favourites. But if I need to set an alarm kind of tone for say my Boss only then how do i do. I could do it on My blackberry. In the Samsung S6 Edge i am able to do for Phone and Message for a specific contact but not mail. please help. Thanks

Welcome to Android Central!

I do not think you can assign a certain tone to a particular e mailer..

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm almost positive you cannot do this with anything stock, but there are several apps for behavior. Tasker, was a big one but if you look it up you can see apps that are similar. Meanwhile what Tasker would do was look at your sender and do some behavior, so if you got an email from Joe Smith it would change your notification tone, vibrate pattern, and wake the screen if you wanted, or even send a precomposed reply. It has a multitude of functions all with or without root. I'm sure it would do what you want but it's a paid app, if it's that important to you. Checking the similar apps listed with it tho would likely have a free app with similar function.

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC One M9

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams