Samsung Galaxy S5 Active is on, but the screen is dark?

A

AC Question

Yesterday I was charging my S5 Active when I couldn't turn the phone on. I took out the battery and replaced it several times trying to turn it back on. It would come on a bit, but shut off really quickly. If I held the charging cord at a certain angle the screen does turn on for a tad, but move it and the screen is off again. The LED is red if it's on the charger, and when it's off the charger sometimes it will blink blue.

I'm sure that the phone is on because when I hold down the power button it vibrates, and if I touch the screen it will vibrate too. I tried to do the factory reset, but again nothing shows up on the screen.

I got the phone in April from the AT&T store, so it's still reletively new. I have a case on it, a screen protector, and it hasn't been in water. It's been dropped (not recently) but it wasn't that hard and it didn't affect the phone. I do use it to listen to music while I'm in the shower, but it's not very close to the shower while I do.

I honestly don't know what's going on with my phone's screen. Some apps did update when this happened, I also installed the OKCupid app the day before, but I don't know if that's affecting it or not. I don't know how to fix this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc