What is DeviceKeystring?

wtfwjd

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I bought a used Galaxy S4 from Amazon for my wife. I was setting it up and closing out open apps and noticed one called "DeviceKeystring". I have an S4 and have never seen anything like that before. There's nothing in the app drawer or app manager.

It's kinda sketchy looking. It has a numbered list to activate Camera, VT camera, vibration, speaker, etc. An equally sketchy sounding song plays if you select "Melody" or "Speaker"

Just wondering what this is. I couldn't find anything. Basically just making sure someone isn't logging everything she does with the phone or something...

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I bought a used Galaxy S4 from Amazon for my wife. I was setting it up and closing out open apps and noticed one called "DeviceKeystring". I have an S4 and have never seen anything like that before. There's nothing in the app drawer or app manager.

It's kinda sketchy looking. It has a numbered list to activate Camera, VT camera, vibration, speaker, etc. An equally sketchy sounding song plays if you select "Melody" or "Speaker"

Just wondering what this is. I couldn't find anything. Basically just making sure someone isn't logging everything she does with the phone or something...

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried a factory reset and see if it goes away?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's listed on XDA as an app that can be safely uninstalled on the S3, so I would assume it can be safely uninstalled on the S4 as well. (I'd root and freeze it first, to make sure, but that's me.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae