Why do I get an insuffient space error when I have plenty of space?

A

AC Question

I had about 300Mb of space left on my phone and I had tried to download an app that was about 15Mb. That's when I got the error saying i didn't have enough space. Which I thought was odd since I had about 20 times as much space as I needed. So I tried to move an app that was about 150Mb to my SD card which had over 750Mb of space on it and got the same error. Why am I getting this error when I have space? Thanks in advance for any help. Have a great day.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! 300 MB is very low. The system has to keep a certain amount of free space available to account for temporary storage needs, so just because you have 300 MB available doesn't mean you can install anything. An app's filesize listed in Google Play is only the download filesize--when it's fully installed, it's usually bigger (just like in Windows), and that might exceed the threshold that the system has set for low memory.

See this guide for tips: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance