Mobile data icon disappeared from notifications -

A

AC Question

The mobiel data icon has suddenly gone from my notifications panel.

I haven't changed any settings. It was there one minute gone the next.

How do i get it back with my other icons?

I cannot see how to add it back on in settings.

Don't really want to reset the phone if possible.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:

carnaige

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I have this issue today too.. unfortunately mobile data was off when the change must have occurred and I now have no way of turning it back on (does anyone know of another way to turn it on without the toggle? I'm away from home and WiFi for the weekend so this is really rubbish timing..) I'm on vodafone uk...

Graeme Barrett

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Same. From 08:00 when it was working to 10:40 when it wasn't. Bad move by Samsung?

Meanwhile, to turn on/off go to data usage screen. Tethering has also disappeared. Have to go to settings panel now.

Might have to try another launcher.

S6edge User

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Same experience here. The shortcut for mobile data was gone all of a sudden. I had to go to settings and click data usage so I can use my mobile Internet. This sucks. I tried updating my os to lollipop 5.0.2 but still the same. No shortcut button for mobile data and even tethering. You cant actually add an icon because technically it's pre-installed. You can only longpress each button icon to rearrange them but u cant add nor delete. Wtf is it samsung or android lollipop? Please give us update on this!

Alan Holden

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
This appears to be a world wide problem. Same issues reported on Verizon in USA and I have the problem in Qatar.
Seems Android has updated without informing anyone.
Hopefully some at Android will notice this quickly and put things back how they were.
Meantime you have to access your mobile data on/off switch via Settings - Data Usage. Not ideal at all.

Ishmael84

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
My mobile data icon also disappeared yesterday. It sucks to go manually all the time to settings to turn data on and off. I am in Namibia and using the S6 edge. Please Samsung fix this quickly

pongsy23

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I went to the samsung store earlier today to ask for help why my mobile data shortcut disappeared. The staff told me that there are many s6 users that also had the same issue. He told me to go the my service provider to ask for help because I got this from a plan subscription. He also gave me an advice on how to turn on/off the mobile data by just pressing the "Power Button" and click the "Data Network Mode" (Enable to turn on & Disable to turn off) I hope this will help you guys out there for the mean time.