I lost my phone two weeks back. As soon as I was aware of the loss and kind of gave up finding it, I used Android Device Manager to send a "ERASE"

Found my phone under the car seat today - I still have not powered on the phone and want to prevent the "ERASE"

I plan to remove the SIM card, and power off my Wifi rounter before I put power on my phone and then use device settings->security and disable the "remote factory reset" and then connect it to the internet.

Not sure if the plan works but dont want to take any chance of total "ERASE"

Looking for ideas here.
    thanks in advance
    06-13-2015 09:33 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I am not totally sure you can stop it. The only thing I can think of is to pull the SIM card out and try to put the phone in Airplane mode as soon as possible. Connect it to your PC and copy everything you don't want to lose.
    belodion and U G Murthy like this.
    06-13-2015 10:14 AM
    ^^^That's brilliant!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    06-13-2015 04:05 PM
    Hi All,
    I did the following to prevent "Erase":
    - pulled out the sim, charged the phone, pulled out the internet cable from WiFI router to prevent access to internet.
    - powered on the phone and put in Airplane mode
    - Setting -> DEvice Adminstrators -> Android Device Manager - was unchecked to prevent ERASE
    - backup up a few text files I needed usining bluetooth - rest were anyways backuped by Google (contacts, photos, etc)
    - and then let the phone access the Internet.

Everything is in order as I am prevent the remote ERASE. Not a very good solution but a fix for the time being.
    Thanks all for helping out.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    06-14-2015 02:36 AM
    Hi All,
    I did the following to prevent "Erase":
    - pulled out the sim, charged the phone, pulled out the internet cable from WiFI router to prevent access to internet.
    - powered on the phone and put in Airplane mode
    - Setting -> DEvice Adminstrators -> Android Device Manager - was unchecked to prevent ERASE
    - backup up a few text files I needed usining bluetooth - rest were anyways backuped by Google (contacts, photos, etc)
    - and then let the phone access the Internet.

Everything is in order as I am prevent the remote ERASE. Not a very good solution but a fix for the time being.
    Thanks all for helping out.
    Glad you resolved this with the given advice. And welcome to the forums!
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    06-14-2015 10:13 AM
    DearSir
    I pressed erase by mistake on my android yuyureka 05510 phone ,ithasstarted erasing.I tried everything asper your post but it is not coming out of erasing mode.Pls advise how I can go to settings & opt for aeroplane mode & stop/prevent erase.
    I need yourURGENT HELP PLZ

Gurdev Singh
    [personal details removed].
    01-29-2017 01:25 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Unfortunately, once the phone has received the signal to wipe you're probably out of luck. There's no stopping it, and there shouldn't be as it would defeat the purpose of the wipe request if the phone is actually lost or stolen.
    01-29-2017 07:57 AM