Verizon Moto E 2nd Gen on Straight Talk?

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the Straight Talk BYOP 4G LTE kit. It comes with a Verizon CDMA Network Access Code, and also it has Verizon LTE Sims. So the Verizon Moto E 2nd Gen is a Verizon phone and since the kit has the LTE Sims and the Network Code it should work right? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to buy my mom a new phone, and I think the Moto E 2nd Gen is a good upgrade from her Moto E 1st Gen.

Posted via the Android Central App

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the Straight Talk BYOP 4G LTE kit. It comes with a Verizon CDMA Network Access Code, and also it has Verizon LTE Sims. So the Verizon Moto E 2nd Gen is a Verizon phone and since the kit has the LTE Sims and the Network Code it should work right? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to buy my mom a new phone, and I think the Moto E 2nd Gen is a good upgrade from her Moto E 1st Gen.

The phone might be carrier locked to Verizon, even though Verizon provides Straight Talk with service they sometimes carrier lock their phones. I would verify with the Straight Talk rep that the phone will work.

yotendoten

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm this works. I sucessfully activated one last night.
You must call in and tell them that its a Verizon phone for it to work however, the IMEI Check on the website claims it needs to be GSM unlocked for it to work. -- This is not the case because the StraightTalk Sim that comes in the Verizon 4G BYOP Kit is actually a re-branded Verizon Sim. Verizon phones think they're still on Verizon (because they technically are).

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm this works. I sucessfully activated one last night.
You must call in and tell them that its a Verizon phone for it to work however, the IMEI Check on the website claims it needs to be GSM unlocked for it to work. -- This is not the case because the StraightTalk Sim that comes in the Verizon 4G BYOP Kit is actually a re-branded Verizon Sim. Verizon phones think they're still on Verizon (because they technically are).

Yeah but you can't edit the apn settings after the update to 5.1 Lollipop. Have you had any luck?

autouzi

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
I have the Verizon pre-paid Moto E 2nd gen and the Straight Talk activation kit, when I tried to activate it with the Straight Talk Verizon sim, straight talk said the phone was incompatible. It is a brand new phone. Any tips?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar