How do I unlock my Sprint LG G3LS990 for Domestic SIM use?

A

AC Question

I have gotten the MSL code from Sprint. I've tried several different approaches but I cannot find the menu to switch my phone from CDMA to GSM. I have successfully Rooted my phone. I've been told it is possible, even Sprint said my phone will work, but they won't provide instructions on how to use the code they gave me. I know the code is accurate as it does unlock some features in the hidden menus i have found. Does anyone know what settings I need to change and how to get there?

arielovin

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
There is a rom on XDA that is a port from tmobile that allows GSM on the G3 for sprint but unfortunately i can not provide the link as it dosen't let me post it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Blueboy57

Jul 19, 2017
Visit site
If your sprint lg ls990 is paid for, Sprint should be able to unlock your phone OTA at your request. They did for me, but it was a battle because Boost Mobile had locked my phone and claimed that I had to have my LG LS990B with them for a year before they would unlock it, pursuant to their policy. I filed a complaint with the FCC because my phone was a post-paid phone from Sprint and I never gave Boost Mobile permission to lock it with its software, for a year or any other length of time. A Sprint Executive refined to the complaint, apologized, and promptly unlocked my phone OTA. Now, it will work on Sprint mvno's, but when I had it connected to Metropcs, I could not use 4G LTE. So I currently use FreedomPOP. I hope this info helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463