Should I create a new user or add another email on Galaxy Tab 2?

A

AC Question

I've just installed CM11 or Kitkat 4.4.4 on my tablet and wanted to know which way to setup another account on the same tablet. I'm the only user of the tablet and it will stay that way. I have another gmail acct which I use to promote youtube, content, shared docs and blogs, publicly. I do know how to setup another Gmail or User acct on the tablet.

My question regards tablet resources, which setup will use more? which way should I setup the public account? Should I generate a new user or just create a new acct on the tablet?

The tablet has a 8 gb rom and .8 gb ram, 3.4 gb free storage remaining and .4 gb ram with minimal apps running. So which will use less resources, setup a new user or setup a new email acct? If I just setup the acct as a "email acct" will it keep everything separate as far as my apps go?

I'm leaning toward the new user instead of the email acct setup, what do you think?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I've just installed CM11 or Kitkat 4.4.4 on my tablet and wanted to know which way to setup another account on the same tablet. I'm the only user of the tablet and it will stay that way. I have another gmail acct which I use to promote youtube, content, shared docs and blogs, publicly. I do know how to setup another Gmail or User acct on the tablet.

My question regards tablet resources, which setup will use more? which way should I setup the public account? Should I generate a new user or just create a new acct on the tablet?

The tablet has a 8 gb rom and .8 gb ram, 3.4 gb free storage remaining and .4 gb ram with minimal apps running. So which will use less resources, setup a new user or setup a new email acct? If I just setup the acct as a "email acct" will it keep everything separate as far as my apps go?

I'm leaning toward the new user instead of the email acct setup, what do you think?

Welcome to Android Central!

I would just setup a new gmail account on the same user account. You will have the option in the Gmail app to switch between the email accounts. If you set up a new user it will basically set up another account with duplicate applications so basically they are installed twice. That will eat up your storage really fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463