Why do I get poor sound quality if phone away from Ear?

A

AC Question

ok, I hope I can make sense of this for you to help me? My wife has an S5 mini and I have the S5 and we often have to make calls where by she will leave the phone on the side and not have it to her ear. More often than not I am unable to hear all of her speaking and the quality is very intermittent. The phone signal can be fine and we have no idea what causes this issue. Would it be a microphone issue as it becomes more audible the louder she speaks or sounds or the signal itself? When the phone is to her ear there is no issue at all. Either way any help you can give me would be much appreciated or any settings that we can change or tests we can run?

Thank you

Gary

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
ok, I hope I can make sense of this for you to help me? My wife has an S5 mini and I have the S5 and we often have to make calls where by she will leave the phone on the side and not have it to her ear. More often than not I am unable to hear all of her speaking and the quality is very intermittent. The phone signal can be fine and we have no idea what causes this issue. Would it be a microphone issue as it becomes more audible the louder she speaks or sounds or the signal itself? When the phone is to her ear there is no issue at all. Either way any help you can give me would be much appreciated or any settings that we can change or tests we can run?

Thank you

Gary

Welcome to Android Central!

It could be the noise reduction feature working, since she is getting further way from the phone it is thinking that she is background noise. Try going into dialer, go to the settings in the dialer, go to call, and un-check Noise Reduction. See if that helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670