Why does my nook say "Unfortunately Pinterest has stopped working" when I try to open?

A

AC Question

Everything else works fine. I tried clearing the cache but that didn't help. Tried holding the power button...still have the issue. Only app with the problem. Thank you in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is this a Tab 4 Nook? Did you clear the Pinterest app cache or the system cache partition? If you cleared the app cache, did you also try clearing the app data as well in the App Manager?

James Anderson17

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Trying to help my Mother: I get the same message "Unfortunately, Pinterest has stopped" when the app has been on for a short bit (say less than 30 seconds to a minute at most). I have done the following:
1. cleared the cache
2. cleared the data
3. uninstalled and reinstalled.
4. checked for an update- which there isn't any.
This tablet is a Nook HD+ with software version 2.2.1
When I go into settings for the brief few seconds the app cooperates it will not cut off while I'm in the settings area, but once I go into the main app area it again quits functioning. Any thoughts as to how to fix this problem?

1dacount

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
This happend to mine. I unstalled pintrest then reinstalled it from google play. Somehow the nook version (older version) was installed by my kid. Makesure that the pintrest icon does not have the nook symbol next to it.

origami katakana

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem but for YouTube and Facebook. Youtube is particularly annoying, as it keeps on popping up message while I'm in different apps unless I uninistall it. I've tried all of the suggestions and nothing has helped anything. Any further help would be appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool