HTC One Mini Shutting Off With 80% Charge

A

AC Question

Hello:). I have had my HTC one mini for about a year and a half now. At least two months ago, it started shutting off with between 78%-45% charge still left. I tried getting a new cable, clearing the cache, checking brother software updates, deleting tones of pictures and apps, resetting the battery, and factory resetting the phone. Now, it dies around 80% on occasion. I can be doing just about anything and it will happen. Sometimes, after it dies, I turn it on and it has charge again. I don't know what is wrong. I cannot afford to send it in for repairs. Thank you for the advice and help! God bless

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Look at Settings/General/Battery. Tap the graph at the top and you'll get a second page. (Do this after the phone shuts off and you've turned it back on.) Look for a "drop off the cliff" - a drop from 80% to 0 in no time - a vertical line.

If you see that your battery is throwing a dendrite and has to be replaced. (It's normally not covered under warranty, and it's not due to a cheap battery, it's due to the way lithium batteries work. The auto industry iis throwing money at the problem like fire departments throw water on fires - because every electric car battery that throws a dendrite under warranty costs the manufacturer about $5,000.) Unfortunately, it's not a user-replaceable battery, so you'll have to pay a shop to replace it.

See Lithium Battery Dendrite links if you want to learn more about it.