Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 won't charge

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 and it's about a year and a half old. This morning it's got about 10% power so I plug it in the charger - and I think it charges a bit - then I plug it out because I need to move it and the plug it in again, only now it's not charging. It won't even recognize that the charger is plugged in.
I have tried 5 different chargers both Samsung and other brands but nothing works. I have checked that all of the chargers work properly by plugging them into my Samsung phone - and I have used most of them before without a problem.
I have tried pressing the power button while touching the screen, wiping cache and such but I'd rather not totally reset to factory settings if that is at all possible.
Is there any way to fix this. I have read about the trickle charging trick but will that even work when my tablet won't even recognize the charger?
Please help me!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 and it's about a year and a half old. This morning it's got about 10% power so I plug it in the charger - and I think it charges a bit - then I plug it out because I need to move it and the plug it in again, only now it's not charging. It won't even recognize that the charger is plugged in.
I have tried 5 different chargers both Samsung and other brands but nothing works. I have checked that all of the chargers work properly by plugging them into my Samsung phone - and I have used most of them before without a problem.
I have tried pressing the power button while touching the screen, wiping cache and such but I'd rather not totally reset to factory settings if that is at all possible.
Is there any way to fix this. I have read about the trickle charging trick but will that even work when my tablet won't even recognize the charger?
Please help me!

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried wiggling the plug in the tablet around a little bit. See if the charging port is loose?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy