Why wont my samsung note 3 charge?

A

AC Question

Yesterday I took a nap and put my phone on my charger and when I woke up I noticed that my phones battery was at 20%. I proceeded to plug in my phone and it would not recognize the charger at all but after cleaning the port and plugging it in it still did not read the charger. I turned my phone off completely and plugged the phone back into the charger and it started to blink from the black screen with the "connect to charger symbol" and then turn off and then it began to charge 3 minutes later but only 2 percent an hour. I am thinking that my usb port is damaged but I really need help because I do not know what to do. will I need to replace my phone?
Also, now when I plug in the charger itll pop up that it is charging but when I unplug it the charging lightning bolt stays and pops in and out with vibration and i lose a percent each time it does it. Help!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I took a nap and put my phone on my charger and when I woke up I noticed that my phones battery was at 20%. I proceeded to plug in my phone and it would not recognize the charger at all but after cleaning the port and plugging it in it still did not read the charger. I turned my phone off completely and plugged the phone back into the charger and it started to blink from the black screen with the "connect to charger symbol" and then turn off and then it began to charge 3 minutes later but only 2 percent an hour. I am thinking that my usb port is damaged but I really need help because I do not know what to do. will I need to replace my phone?
Also, now when I plug in the charger itll pop up that it is charging but when I unplug it the charging lightning bolt stays and pops in and out with vibration and i lose a percent each time it does it. Help!

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried plugging it in to a different charger to see if the original charger could be the problem?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It sounds as if there are two problems in the same area - conductive dirt in the port where you plug the cable in, and loosely soldered or unsoldered pins on the port inside the phone. You can get a port assembly for $5-$10, but if you don't have experience opening cellphones, I'd pay a shop to replace it. (It won't cost nearly as much as buying a good used Note 3.)

If you're really good at working with small parts, there are instructional videos on Youtube (look for note 3 charging port) and you can buy all the tools you'll ever need to work on cellphones for about $25 on eBay (plastic openers, screwdrivers and tweezer sets, driver sets, etc.).

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
When I had the Note 3 I had the same problem. It turned out to be original charger it came with was causing the problem. Try using another charger like itguyjax8430 mentioned and see if you're having the same issue I had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463