Does anyone else have to SHOUT at nexus 9 to get OK Google to work?

A

AC Question

Two brand new nexus 9, serial nos starting HT4A... updated to 5.1.1 no problem. Straight out of the box, nothing added, nothing taken away. OK google only works if I really shout, or hold microphone right up to my mouth. OK Google Everywhere training couldn't hear me at all. If I press the microphone icon, rather than saying OK Google, voice recognition is fair, but not as good as MotoX, not really useable. When dictating eg in gmail it seems to miss the beginning and end of phrases. SO, are they all like that or have I just been unlucky?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Two brand new nexus 9, serial nos starting HT4A... updated to 5.1.1 no problem. Straight out of the box, nothing added, nothing taken away. OK google only works if I really shout, or hold microphone right up to my mouth. OK Google Everywhere training couldn't hear me at all. If I press the microphone icon, rather than saying OK Google, voice recognition is fair, but not as good as MotoX, not really useable. When dictating eg in gmail it seems to miss the beginning and end of phrases. SO, are they all like that or have I just been unlucky?

You might need to factory reset them if you updated them to 5.1.1. The update may have messed some settings up for the microphones. That update is pretty bad for a lot of devices, most of the issues are fixed with a factory reset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol