Dropped Droid Maxx 1080XT, Screen cracked... Soft keys don't work

bowtied

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I dropped my Droid Maxx a few days ago and cracked the screen pretty bad. Everything still worked for a while, but after a few days the three soft keys (back, home, etc) stopped working. So now the screen works as if there were nothing wrong with it, except the three soft keys don't respond at all, making it impossible to back out of or close apps.

So what needs to be replaced…Just the glass screen? Should that reasonably expected to restore the buttons at the bottom ?

I understand the digitizer and screen are ‘one in the same’, can someone please confirm this either way? I have already ordered a replacement screen from e-bay which should include some basic tools for removal and installation, should have it them in a few days.

I am technically pretty adept and have a heat-gun, so am pretty confident in my ability to perform the glass removal/install competently. Also, phone is out of warranty, so not an issue about voiding.

Thanks for replies, any info greatly appreciated!

bowtied

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the ap and link info. Loaded and saved my arse! I was forced to use an older iphone4s which was torturing me.

Now I'm back up and running till I get my new glass and get installed. Many thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay