References for rooting? Full root access S4

A

AC Question

I have an SGH-M919, and I'm moderately new to this. I have an idea what I'm doing, but my phone seems to be a bit of a rarity when it comes to finding my resources. I need some help backing up, and recovering to a custom ROM (nothing crazy, just something that's close to stock but helps with battery drainage and whatnot). I've rooted through Odin before, but didn't have full root access (guessing because I didn't flash). So, how do I go about backing up, and where's a good place to find a custom ROM to flash? I used TWRP or something a while ago, and the backup on there messed up my phone causing me to have to start over. Thanks for any help!

Joseph Booth1

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I have an SGH-M919, and I'm moderately new to this. I have an idea what I'm doing, but my phone seems to be a bit of a rarity when it comes to finding my resources. I need some help backing up, and recovering to a custom ROM (nothing crazy, just something that's close to stock but helps with battery drainage and whatnot). I've rooted through Odin before, but didn't have full root access (guessing because I didn't flash). So, how do I go about backing up, and where's a good place to find a custom ROM to flash? I used TWRP or something a while ago, and the backup on there messed up my phone causing me to have to start over. Thanks for any help!

I used CF-Auto root and it works. I also have the M919 and once rooted used TWRP to flash CyanogenMod 12.1 nightly on my phone. CM is a good ROM but if you want touchwiz go with the ported ROM from the Gt i905 which has 5.0.1 Lollipop download the latter from XDA forum just Google search the ROM you want and voilà you now have a new ROM to flash.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22