Is there a limit to how many playlists can be added to the Samsung music app?

A

AC Question

I have a galaxy s5 phone with Verizon, and several months back I started to have a few issues when I tried to sync playlists from my computer. I had already added quite a few successfully not long after I started using the phone, but then one day I tried to add a couple of new playlists and they never showed up in the app. When I looked in the file folders of the phone, I found them in there, all right, but the app wouldn't recognize them. Then when after I tried adding a playlist manually through the music app itself, I realized some of my older playlists disappeared, and I had trouble re-adding them again. Most recently, I added a couple new playlists, and when they showed up for once, I thought the old glitch had somehow resolved itself, until I went looking and found, once again, that some of my old ones had disappeared. That was when I realized that I'd had exactly 35 playlists on the phone before trying to add the new ones, and the exact same number displayed afterward, too.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a galaxy s5 phone with Verizon, and several months back I started to have a few issues when I tried to sync playlists from my computer. I had already added quite a few successfully not long after I started using the phone, but then one day I tried to add a couple of new playlists and they never showed up in the app. When I looked in the file folders of the phone, I found them in there, all right, but the app wouldn't recognize them. Then when after I tried adding a playlist manually through the music app itself, I realized some of my older playlists disappeared, and I had trouble re-adding them again. Most recently, I added a couple new playlists, and when they showed up for once, I thought the old glitch had somehow resolved itself, until I went looking and found, once again, that some of my old ones had disappeared. That was when I realized that I'd had exactly 35 playlists on the phone before trying to add the new ones, and the exact same number displayed afterward, too.

Welcome to Android Central!

It sounds like 35 is the limit. Not sure why the would put a limit on Playlist. Could be that the app can only handle that many at a time.