How can I get the new Lollipop version on my ATT version S5 when I live outside the states ?

A

AC Question

I bought this phone about 5 months ago and it came with version 4.4.2. I have been attempting to find the newest update. I was told to get the 900A version by Samsung since I live in Costa Rica. I have not found it anywhere. I have installed the latest Kies3 version and also Samsung's Smart Switch, but Kies3 gives me the info that I am running the latest software and no updates appear. Any suggestions?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I bought this phone about 5 months ago and it came with version 4.4.2. I have been attempting to find the newest update. I was told to get the 900A version by Samsung since I live in Costa Rica. I have not found it anywhere. I have installed the latest Kies3 version and also Samsung's Smart Switch, but Kies3 gives me the info that I am running the latest software and no updates appear. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Android Central!

You can force the update on the phone. Follow the instructions below. Verify what build number you are on now so when Kies tells you the update for your phone you know your are upgrading and not staying the same. Go to settings, about phone and write down the model number, build number, and serial number.

This process will more than likely factory reset your phone so back up any data that is vital.

You will want to put your phone in download mode. Power the phone completely off.

Volume down, home button, and power button all at the same time. This will boot in to download mode. Hit volume up to start the update.

Plug in to your computer, make sure you have Samsung Kies installed before your start.

Once you are ready and plugged in click options up top in Samsung Kies, click update. It will ask you for the model number and serial number. After you put those in it will tell you what the latest software version you are suppose to be on. Follow the prompts from there. It will download the latest firmware and install it.

Keep in mind this will wipe the phone clean to just like when you bought it from the store. When it's done it will have a fresh install of the latest update.