Sudden extremely blurry pictures with "halos" using camera (pics included)?

A

AC Question

Thanks for your help in advance,

Within the past 4 or 5 months, the pictures I've been taking using the camera on my HTC Desire Eye have been extremely fuzzy. The back camera has been taking pictures that are unrecognizable. The front facing pictures have become worse too but not nearly anywhere near the terrible quality of the back facing camera. This is especially true when any type of light is involved. It looks halo-y (if that makes sense). The picture on the left is of me 4 months ago and the picture on the right is of my brother a week ago -_- The lighting makes no difference. They are all like that no matter the setting, the focus, the lighting etc.

My roommate suggested that maybe the lens became dirty on the inside however the back doesn't come off so I'm not sure how that could happen. I restored the originally features from when it took descent pictures and still no luck.

Krankeram

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
And I forgot to attach pics....here they are. They are very similar lighting in real life and similar close up pics with no zoom or anything.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1427646740051_1.jpg
    1427646740051_1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 1419879400451.jpg
    1419879400451.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC.

That looks like condensation....somehow, water may have got into the lens. Has the phone ever got wet, or been used in an area of high humidity?

Krankeram

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to AC.

That looks like condensation....somehow, water may have got into the lens. Has the phone ever got wet, or been used in an area of high humidity?

Yes! That makes total sense since it seemed to go downhill since my trip to Florida.

Is there anything I can do about it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000