Security Notification

A

AC Question

Purchased phone yesterday. Notification constantly coming up "Unauthorized actions have been detected. Restart your phone to undo any unauthorized changes". I haven't downloaded anything or done anything that would cause a "security" breach. I have re-booted the phone. I have taken it back to the dealer. They say it's a software glitch that will be repaired in a few days. I am NOT technologically savvy and I am not familiar with the device. How do I get rid of this notification or what else should I be doing?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Is this a brand new phone, or a used/refurbished phone? What store did you buy it from? My guess is that it's a used phone that someone rooted and modified at some point, and which this store perhaps wasn't aware of. I don't really see how it could be a "software glitch that will be repaired in a few days"--that just sounds like the seller is trying to get rid of you.

Silent Sam

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, I thought I was in the Samsung Galaxy 6S Edge part of the thread so I didn't mention it. Yes, that's the phone. It is brand-spanking (as far as I know) new. Purchased from Telus. I have done some research on the web and it would appear I'm not the only one who's had this issue. The notification will simply not go away. It pops up on the screen constantly.

Last edited:

Silent Sam

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
B. Diddy, one more thing. The store manager said that the problem was a software bug only discovered by Samsung on June 19th and they're in the process of fixing it......I'm thinking I should simply return the phone for another one since I have 15 days from the date of purchase to do so. Obviously I want to return it within the 15 days if this problem is NOT going to disappear. I don't know ANYTHING about cell phone technology, operating systems, bugs, software etc., so I'm thinking I should exchange it and see what happens.

Silent Sam

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I have just been in a "live chat" with Samsung. Indeed they have confirmed with me that Samsung is aware of the symptom and is currently in the process of up-dating a new version of software for the device soon. That makes me feel more comfortable (ironically maybe) in knowing that it's not just my device that's having this issue. Thanks again.

Silent Sam

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
From Samsung: "To be clear, this is not a security problem but rather a software issue that falsely warns users about a security threat, when in fact, there is no device security threat or breach at all. Samsung is aware of this symptom and currently in the process of updating a new version of software for the device for release soon".
I trust this helps anyone who's having a similar problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star