Why my samsung galaky s6 edge , it's not compatible with some applications in the play store?

A

AC Question

I was trying to install Rebtell International call and it shows me the fallowing error: "Your device isn't compatible with this version", and today too, when i receive an update for Boom Beach (a game), when i was trying to install the update. My galaxy use the last android system 5.1.1 (lollipop), I try using my account in a different account and it worked perfectly. Please advise, Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Some apps aren't written to run on some hardware or on some versions of Android or both. (Google has multiple versions for most apps, and if there's a version that's compatible with your phone/version, that's the one you get. Amazon does the same thing. That's one reason you shouldn't install apps from unknown sites - the app may not just not work on your phone, it might cause problems because it's not written to run on your phone.)

In any case, there's an email link on the app page - email the developer. Sometimes a small typo in setting up the package to upload to Google makes Google think the app isn't for your phone when it is. The developer can fix that and upload a new version that you (and everyone else using the S6 Edge) can install.

I don't quite get the "I try using my account in a different account and it worked perfectly" part. If you changed the Google account on the phone and you were able to install the app, go back to using the original account and see what phone the app page is trying to install the app to. You may have an older phone listed there that the app won't run on.