Screen mirroring to Chromecast without wifi ???

Raymond Elliott

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I've read that a recent update to Chromecast allows mirroring without a wifi connection. Can't figure out how to do it with my S6. I know there is guest mode but it still requires having wifi. I'm looking for a way to mirror to Chromecast without wifi, as in my motorhome.

Or is it limited to only a few apps like Youtube?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I've read that a recent update to Chromecast allows mirroring without a wifi connection. Can't figure out how to do it with my S6. I know there is guest mode but it still requires having wifi. I'm looking for a way to mirror to Chromecast without wifi, as in my motorhome.

Or is it limited to only a few apps like Youtube?

Welcome to Android Central!

You should be able to open the Chromecast app on your phone and find the Chromecast. Then you should be able to connect to it and mirror your screen.

New Chromecast features: Android mirroring, cloud casting and more

john dowling2

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
this is fake first of all so its a illusion best words in order for chromecast to work it must connect to wifi as a hub it piggy backs its moving signal I chose those words carefully for reasons so........try disconnecting wifi from xfinity service provider leaving network intact it will not work as it piggy backs the ''moving signal'' to allow mirroring to tv in my case I'm using directvnow the new thing allows free dataas long as go threw AT&T for receiving signal however as long as a wifi network signal is present it uses it over mobile data ''defeats purpose'' for most part chromecast does the work for you but it is using the wifi and if you actualy try what says and shows in video as I did you will find out the first phone must use wifi and ''others'' can connect you you as a hotspot to transmit to tv threw youre phone on ''hotspot'' its a ketcha22 ....incase others looking for same solution and takes time to read this only way is turn off wifi on phone and use a direct connection phone to hdmi also known as a 'MHL' connection adapter ebay has this is searched link ------MHL Micro USB to HDMI 1080P HDTV Cable Adapter for Samsung Galaxy ---- I offer free assistance threw my business email (removed by moderator).....happy to help if I can

Last edited by a moderator:

GravityNinja

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
this is fake first of all so its a illusion best words in order for chromecast to work it must connect to wifi as a hub it piggy backs its moving signal I chose those words carefully for reasons so........try disconnecting wifi from xfinity service provider leaving network intact it will not work as it piggy backs the ''moving signal'' to allow mirroring to tv in my case I'm using directvnow the new thing allows free dataas long as go threw AT&T for receiving signal however as long as a wifi network signal is present it uses it over mobile data ''defeats purpose'' for most part chromecast does the work for you but it is using the wifi and if you actualy try what says and shows in video as I did you will find out the first phone must use wifi and ''others'' can connect you you as a hotspot to transmit to tv threw youre phone on ''hotspot'' its a ketcha22 ....incase others looking for same solution and takes time to read this only way is turn off wifi on phone and use a direct connection phone to hdmi also known as a 'MHL' connection adapter ebay has this is searched link ------MHL Micro USB to HDMI 1080P HDTV Cable Adapter for Samsung Galaxy ---- I offer free assistance threw my business email (removed by moderator).....happy to help if I can

The Chromecast dongle has no way of knowing if you are connected to a hotspot or a router. The video is not fake...the only thing fake here is your obvious attempt to scam some poor soul.

Don't listen to John Dowling. He either doesn't know what he is talking about or, worse, he wants to take you for a ride.
See LifeHacker: Stream Local Media to a Chromecast Without an Internet Connection

GravityNinja

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital