Samsung Galaxy 6-Trouble transferring Contacts to Car

A

AC Question

I recently upgraded to a Galaxy S6 from an S4. With the previous version I had no problem transferring Contacts from the phone to the car. However when we tried to load the contacts from the new phone(S6) only 98 out of about 500 transferred and I have not been able to transfer any other contacts. I have tried transferring individual contacts and have received an error message saying that "the vcard file did not transfer" I have rebooted many times and group transfers yield the same 98 contacts and no individual contacts can be moved over. The Lexus dealership has concluded that there is something wrong with the latest operating system of Android and that I should wait for an upgrade. Is anybody else experiencing this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The thing "wrong" with the latest version of Android is that it's using the latest Bluetooth protocols and your Lexus isn't. The head unit in the car needs an update. (Lexus may not have written one yet, so your dealer is going to have to do a little digging if he wants to keep you as a customer.) The phone firmware gets updated more often than the car firmware, and keeping up with Bluetooth improvements seems to be about the last thing on car manufacturers' menus.