My HTC One V has no ROM

A

AC Question

My old HTC One V has no ROM, but it is rooted and has a custom recovery installed. Now, I have a ROM, but even when I flash it, no result. It boots into a bootloop that say "HTC <next line says:> This is a developmental build to be used only by HTC Developers......... blah blah blah." Here is something even more [Removed by Moderator]: whenever I plug it into ANY power source, it boots into recovery but this time it does not respond. When I plug it out, it stays at that same screen till the battery goes out.
I could send it to HTC but I just want to know if I can do ANYTHING possible.

PS: I don't remember how to get into HBoot or Downloading Mode. So if you have any solution that refers to these Modes, please mention how to to get into them.
Also, I was trying to change the Kernel, but gave the wrong command, and its been like this ever since.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
BTW, since it's the ROM that gets rooted, if the phone has no ROM it can't be rooted. (That's like saying that a car with no engine has fuel injection.) But, sa Golfdriver says, you're going to have to get a ROM into it somehow. HTC One V - XDA Forums is probably your best source after HTC itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes