Is Galaxy Note 8 worth buying at £99 or is it a waste of money?

A

AC Question

Hi after some research and limited funds I have just bought a galaxy note 8 for £99 (the price was the deciding factor) however reading through the forum I am now wondering if I have made a drastic mistake. I am picking the tablet up today so could return it unopened if I felt I needed to. Initially there seemed to be a lot of good reviews but the battery and updating issues I've read since are making me anxious. Would the tablet be adequate for general internet use (I am not a game player) on the jelly bean system? Any advise would be welcome? thank you

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi after some research and limited funds I have just bought a galaxy note 8 for £99 (the price was the deciding factor) however reading through the forum I am now wondering if I have made a drastic mistake. I am picking the tablet up today so could return it unopened if I felt I needed to. Initially there seemed to be a lot of good reviews but the battery and updating issues I've read since are making me anxious. Would the tablet be adequate for general internet use (I am not a game player) on the jelly bean system? Any advise would be welcome? thank you

Welcome to Android Central!

You could probably get a Tab 4 for that price.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I was on the Note 3 phone forum for 18 months and I do remember knowledgeable members I knew rate the Note 8 very highly, better than the 10.1 in many respects, and the resolution was not a factor for them.

I started a thread about who used tablets as well as Samsung phones.

If it's new in box at that money I would grab it and enjoy.
KitKat 4.4 is great and I personally wouldn't worry about not getting Lollipop as it may cause issues. I don't know if it's due an update or not.
It would have far better specs than a Tab 3 or Tab 4 7.0 or 8.0 at that money.

I sold my Note 3 and running a Moto G 4.5“.
I want one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol