Hi after some research and limited funds I have just bought a galaxy note 8 for £99 (the price was the deciding factor) however reading through the forum I am now wondering if I have made a drastic mistake. I am picking the tablet up today so could return it unopened if I felt I needed to. Initially there seemed to be a lot of good reviews but the battery and updating issues I've read since are making me anxious. Would the tablet be adequate for general internet use (I am not a game player) on the jelly bean system? Any advise would be welcome? thank you
    06-28-2015 03:25 AM
    Hi after some research and limited funds I have just bought a galaxy note 8 for £99 (the price was the deciding factor) however reading through the forum I am now wondering if I have made a drastic mistake. I am picking the tablet up today so could return it unopened if I felt I needed to. Initially there seemed to be a lot of good reviews but the battery and updating issues I've read since are making me anxious. Would the tablet be adequate for general internet use (I am not a game player) on the jelly bean system? Any advise would be welcome? thank you
    Welcome to Android Central!

You could probably get a Tab 4 for that price.
    07-01-2015 12:26 PM
    I was on the Note 3 phone forum for 18 months and I do remember knowledgeable members I knew rate the Note 8 very highly, better than the 10.1 in many respects, and the resolution was not a factor for them.

I started a thread about who used tablets as well as Samsung phones.

If it's new in box at that money I would grab it and enjoy.
    KitKat 4.4 is great and I personally wouldn't worry about not getting Lollipop as it may cause issues. I don't know if it's due an update or not.
    It would have far better specs than a Tab 3 or Tab 4 7.0 or 8.0 at that money.

I sold my Note 3 and running a Moto G 4.5“.
    I want one.
    07-01-2015 12:57 PM