Why doesn't Wanam Xposed or Xposed G-Touchwiz work in my rooted S5?

A

AC Question

I wanted to get rid of some annoying features in my new S5, so I rooted the phone and installed the aforementioned apps. Everything looked simple enough to use but nothing of my changes took effect after rebooting the the phone. I even tried editing ro.product.name to force the change but with the same result. What am I doing wrong? PS: I am using Android version 5.0.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to get rid of some annoying features in my new S5, so I rooted the phone and installed the aforementioned apps. Everything looked simple enough to use but nothing of my changes took effect after rebooting the the phone. I even tried editing ro.product.name to force the change but with the same result. What am I doing wrong? PS: I am using Android version 5.0.

Welcome to Android Central!

The Xposed framework that is in the Play Store does not work with Lollipop. You have to go to their site and download the beta zip files and flash through recovery.

kalisana

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
download the beta zip files and flash through recovery

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to answer my question but what I have quoted has me stumped (translation: I haven't a clue where to find these files, how to unzip them on a phone or what flash through recovery means). I'll just have to put up with what I've got.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995