How to recover my local calendar? LG G3.

A

AC Question

My dad, very helpfully, synced my phone with a googlemail account. I didn't see what happened...I'm guessing he pressed sync...and now there is nothing on my calendar. My guess is I stored everything locally and he synced it with googlemail which had no events stored, wiping my local calendar. Any idea how I get my events back? I was using the calendar app that came with the phone, not the Google calendar app.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
My dad, very helpfully, synced my phone with a googlemail account. I didn't see what happened...I'm guessing he pressed sync...and now there is nothing on my calendar. My guess is I stored everything locally and he synced it with googlemail which had no events stored, wiping my local calendar. Any idea how I get my events back? I was using the calendar app that came with the phone, not the Google calendar app.

Welcome to Android Central!

Try opening the calendar app and go to the settings of the app. See if all of your calendars are being displayed.

Papawolf101

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I got a new phone but the calendar didn't come over on data transfer. I did the same thing as your dad. That's when I found out that sync is not short for synchronize. it means take your old data and throw it down the sink!
I went to "calendar app and go to the settings of the app. See if all of your calendars are being displayed." but it doesn't show any calendars other than the one that is NOW empty. Is there any other place that data might have gone?

Zee88

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have a LG G3. I use the calender app that came pre installed on the phone.

Yesterday evening my calender was empty. Even public holidays have disappeared.

Yesterday afternoon I attempted to access what I believed to be my gmail account after a very long time. I logged in using my hotmail email address. It then asked me to update to a gmail account which I did.

I am not certain whether or not my calender was synced to my google account.

My calender has important information thay I desperately neeed to retrieve.

I hope this made sense and I really hope someone can help :)