Why is Galaxy Core 2 unable to update Android after a reset?

A

AC Question

I reset my mother's Galaxy Core II two a while ago, and it downgraded the Android from 4.4.4 to 4.4.2. The problem is : the phone can't simply detect any new android updates, care to help?

Note: as mentioned above, it's not my phone. Any solutions that include opening the phone or messing with the core programs will not be very helpful.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It is very unusual that a phone would downgrade after an update even if factory reset. Phone carriers don't usually allow that. The only reason I could imagine that if somehow the device seashore reset to a lower level and now cannot update would be if they pulled he update. Please verify the version and what the last update was, and include your carrier.

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC One M9

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm the asker.
I did not understand a single word of what you said earlier. Go easy on me.
I don't think I'm certain what the first android it came with at first. But I looked it up and it's 4.4.2. I already updated it once before the reset.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Phones when they update it updates the operating system image. When this image is updated the old version no longer exists making it impossible to go from a version, let's say 4.4 to a version 4.2, because the version 4.2 no longer exists on the phone. Carriers, your cell company, force everyone to have the same version for the same device. I'm asking you to check your current version and check what version your device on your carrier is up to, or tell me who your carrier is and I can look it up. Sometimes updates come out with bugs or problems and carriers will stop pushing them out to their customers, I have yet to see a carrier just stop offering an update, therefore if you were able to get the update once you should still be able to get the update if by some chance your device restored to an earlier version.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes that's what I was looking for. Everything I find says the galaxy prime is updated to 4.4.4, but the core 2 DUOS is only at 4.4.2. Therefore it looks like you are up to date.

Sorry for the autocorrect mistakes in the first post.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I just Googled your phone, your carrier, and the version of Android. There are a lot of sites that show that information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo