10-08-2017 02:25 PM
49 12
tools
    Also try to create a new folder, just see if it lets u

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-08-2015 03:16 PM
    And once adm is installed it will catch all downloads, just make sure its running in the backround, even though its never been neccesary for me to open it first, but in your case lets leave nothing to chance

How do I make ADM the default when I already have download manager stock on my phone? Also, I'm pretty sure this is likely a write!permissions issues (or maybe a software thing?!?!) as I can download from play store no problem... How does ADM assist with this???
    09-08-2015 03:38 PM
    Thats what im trying to determine, i know for kitkat, it has something similiar but its for the sd card, baisically only stock apps can modify the sd card, its read only for any downloaded apps, but its odd that u would have that on ur internal storage, i would try to do a factory rest again and see if it fixes the problem, was u able to create a folder in ur system storage? If so then its not a permission problem, if u try to create a folder and u get an error saying you do not have permission then we will go from there

09-08-2015 04:13 PM
    Thats what im trying to determine, i know for kitkat, it has something similiar but its for the sd card, baisically only stock apps can modify the sd card, its read only for any downloaded apps, but its odd that u would have that on ur internal storage, i would try to do a factory rest again and see if it fixes the problem, was u able to create a folder in ur system storage? If so then its not a permission problem, if u try to create a folder and u get an error saying you do not have permission then we will go from there

I have factory reset a total of three times now and think the issue is still either 1) write/permissions, or 2) it doesn't recognize my internal storage. From my research, this appears to be a common problem, I just have no idea based on the blogs I read how to exactly (step by step) go about fixing it.

As I mentioned in my other message, I was unable to create the file u asked me to in ADM and have no idea how to make it a default for downloads.

Any other ideas?
    09-08-2015 05:35 PM
    If u want to send me a email, [email address redacted] ill do what i can or at least point u in the right direction

I edited out your email address for your privacy and safety. You can contact the other member via Private Message if you want to give that kind of information--thanks!
    09-08-2015 07:01 PM
    Ah ok thanks, im new to this site

B. Diddy likes this.
    09-09-2015 02:10 AM
    This topic was old.But I just have same problem with my galaxy s6. And I found out myself that you have to go to app manager -all app. Look for Myscipt resources manager and disable it. That is it. Thanks everyone.
    03-11-2016 03:18 PM
    This topic was old.But I just have same problem with my galaxy s6. And I found out myself that you have to go to app manager -all app. Look for Myscipt resources manager and disable it. That is it. Thanks everyone.
    I can't find that on my phone I went to the application manager but couldn't find it. My only problem is I can download something like music from livemixtapes but I have to stay on the site in order for it to download. If I go to .your home screen or swipe my screen the download will go away and say it's unsuccessful.
    05-20-2016 01:57 AM
    Hi all, please help! I think I am having the same problem as others here.
    My Tab S can download most things: app store works fine, some PDFs download & work fine .... but other PDFs, even from the same source website, simply don't do anything. I can’t work out any difference why.
    The orange download indicator runs across the top of the screen, but only a blank page comes up & nothing in the download folder.
    The exact same files download & open just fine on my S4 phone & other computers, so it is just this tablet device. It’s not the browser either, same problem experienced on 3 different browsers.
    The biggest trouble I am having is with files from my cloud accounting software (Xero) ... problems with most pdfs, aba files & some images files ... mobile accounting is what I most need to use this tablet for!!!
    It used to work fine .... the problem seems to have started around the end of May, but not sure what is causing it. Updates are up to date, & I have not fiddled with any settings.
    I’ve plenty of storage space, I’ve tried clearing the cache, & I’ve tried disabling & re-enabling download manager.
    I am desperate to get this problem resolved as it makes my tablet pretty much useless for its intended purpose.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
    With thanks,
    Michelle.
    10-19-2016 09:02 PM
    If u want to send me a email, [email address redacted] ill do what i can or at least point u in the right direction

i cannot download anything from anywhere including playstore, whatsapp, opera mini. i cant even receive anything from flashshare
    01-07-2017 01:06 PM
    Hi! I cannot download anything from my browser or any browser and I cannot also take screenshots on my mobile and my camera capture pic but didn't save it. What should I do now. My mobile is android
    02-01-2017 09:56 AM
    Hi! I cannot download anything from my browser or any browser and I cannot also take screenshots on my mobile and my camera capture pic but didn't save it. What should I do now. My mobile is android
    Welcome to Android Central! Android is the OS. Which phone do you have?

What are you trying to download on the browser, and from which website? Have you already checked the Download directory using either the Downloads app or a file manager app?

How are you trying to take screenshots?

Is the camera set to save photos to Internal Storage or an SD card?
    02-01-2017 10:22 AM
    i cannot download anything from anywhere including playstore, whatsapp, opera mini. i cant even receive anything from flashshare
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? What happens when you try to download -- do you get an error message? Try going to Settings>Apps, select Download Manager, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop.
    02-01-2017 10:23 AM
    Hi
    I have the same problem, I have Android tablet and i could download pics and use internal storage normaly and now I can't dowload anything, can't create new folder, can't acces storage from PC, can't save screenshot. Device is not rooted, I did not try to factory reset because i'm trying to find out solution without deleting everything. I can use SD card ans that is all. Please help.
    02-20-2017 09:19 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Android is the OS. Which phone do you have?

What are you trying to download on the browser, and from which website? Have you already checked the Download directory using either the Downloads app or a file manager app?

How are you trying to take screenshots?

Is the camera set to save photos to Internal Storage or an SD card?
    hey everyone i seem to have the same problem. I“m trying to download pictures from google photos to my phone to share it on SnapChat but it wont let me i get this display Cant connect unable to download photo
    03-28-2017 12:18 AM
    I have the same problem. Cant download any files, except throw PlayMarket. I solved this problem by downloading "Root Booster" in PlayMarket and choose stable mode. After rebooting the device, the problem was solved.
    03-28-2017 06:41 AM
    Hi
    I have the same problem, I have Android tablet and i could download pics and use internal storage normaly and now I can't dowload anything, can't create new folder, can't acces storage from PC, can't save screenshot. Device is not rooted, I did not try to factory reset because i'm trying to find out solution without deleting everything. I can use SD card ans that is all. Please help.
    Welcome to Android Central! Sorry for the delayed response. Which tablet do you have? Does this also happen in Safe Mode?
    03-29-2017 04:05 PM
    hey everyone i seem to have the same problem. I“m trying to download pictures from google photos to my phone to share it on SnapChat but it wont let me i get this display Cant connect unable to download photo
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data?
    03-29-2017 04:06 PM
    I have the same problem. Cant download any files, except throw PlayMarket. I solved this problem by downloading "Root Booster" in PlayMarket and choose stable mode. After rebooting the device, the problem was solved.
    Welcome to Android Central! You shouldn't have to use an app like that. I assume your device is rooted -- could it be that some modification you made after rooting contributed to this issue in the first place?
    03-29-2017 04:07 PM
    Hi.
    I have a Samsung S4. It has a problem downloading from browser and play store. Apps can't be updated. I have searched and searched for answers to this and nothing i have read has resolved the problem. I. E clearing caches clearing data forcestopping. Checking time and date settings. Ive done this on downloadisplay manager Google playstore, framework, services. What could be causing this?
    04-16-2017 05:36 PM
    Hi.
    I have a Samsung S4. It has a problem downloading from browser and play store. Apps can't be updated. I have searched and searched for answers to this and nothing i have read has resolved the problem. I. E clearing caches clearing data forcestopping. Checking time and date settings. Ive done this on downloadisplay manager Google playstore, framework, services. What could be causing this?
    Welcome to Android Central! Did you also clear the cache/data from the Download Manager? Does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data?
    05-13-2017 04:07 PM
    Help! I can't download anything using my phone's browser or any browser at all! It either goes 'unsucessful' or it takes me to a new tab. I've. Already tried every suggestion I can get, yet none are working. How do I fix this?
    09-21-2017 07:48 AM
    Help! I can't download anything using my phone's browser or any browser at all! It either goes 'unsucessful' or it takes me to a new tab. I've. Already tried every suggestion I can get, yet none are working. How do I fix this?
    Welcome to Android Central! It'd help to know which phone, and what you've actually tried. Does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data? Do downloads only fail using the browser, or also with the Play Store or other apps?
    09-21-2017 11:33 AM
    I can't download anyhing on my phone. I tried to download Jpay, a game, messenger, Pinterest. It doesn't say anything. It just keep runnig but nothing happend. Why want it download?
    10-08-2017 02:25 PM
49 12