DOWNLOAD UNSUCCESSFUL cant download anything from the internet i.e CHROME or and other browser

Arthur Hocking

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
On my new phone, my one plus one, i am unable to download any files from the internet, such as pictures or converted youtube music. Every time i try to download something wether it be a picture or converter a youtube vid the little arrow symbol pops up and just stops instantly and when i swipe down it says DOWNLOAD UNSUCCESSFUL.
i have tried different converting websites not change i have tried different internet browsers such as Dolphin and boat browser but they dont change anything
i have also tried uninstalling CHROME and then trying a different browser but this didnt work

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm definitely not low on storage space and do not have external storage on this phone (internal space is over 43gb left). Honestly, factory reset is all I did....didn't change anything and phone is currently not rooted. The downloads are not showing up in ADM. Not sure if that is the issue. How do u make ADM the default? As I previously said, I'm not very techy but can follow instructions if u r willing/able to help ;) I have no issues downloading apps from play store, it's everything else that won't write to my internal storage for some weird reason....

willsp1983

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Ok for me everytime i hit download on anything adm pops up to confirm the download, i use it on every device, it is a very stable way to download as web browsers sometimes fails, but adm can auto restart fails, see if u can edit a file that u have downloaded before it messed up

Posted via the Android Central App

willsp1983

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
And once adm is installed it will catch all downloads, just make sure its running in the backround, even though its never been neccesary for me to open it first, but in your case lets leave nothing to chance

willsp1983

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
If u want to send me a email, [email address redacted] ill do what i can or at least point u in the right direction

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
And once adm is installed it will catch all downloads, just make sure its running in the backround, even though its never been neccesary for me to open it first, but in your case lets leave nothing to chance

How do I make ADM the default when I already have download manager stock on my phone? Also, I'm pretty sure this is likely a write!permissions issues (or maybe a software thing?!?!) as I can download from play store no problem... How does ADM assist with this???

willsp1983

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Thats what im trying to determine, i know for kitkat, it has something similiar but its for the sd card, baisically only stock apps can modify the sd card, its read only for any downloaded apps, but its odd that u would have that on ur internal storage, i would try to do a factory rest again and see if it fixes the problem, was u able to create a folder in ur system storage? If so then its not a permission problem, if u try to create a folder and u get an error saying you do not have permission then we will go from there

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Thats what im trying to determine, i know for kitkat, it has something similiar but its for the sd card, baisically only stock apps can modify the sd card, its read only for any downloaded apps, but its odd that u would have that on ur internal storage, i would try to do a factory rest again and see if it fixes the problem, was u able to create a folder in ur system storage? If so then its not a permission problem, if u try to create a folder and u get an error saying you do not have permission then we will go from there

I have factory reset a total of three times now and think the issue is still either 1) write/permissions, or 2) it doesn't recognize my internal storage. From my research, this appears to be a common problem, I just have no idea based on the blogs I read how to exactly (step by step) go about fixing it.

As I mentioned in my other message, I was unable to create the file u asked me to in ADM and have no idea how to make it a default for downloads.

Any other ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If u want to send me a email, [email address redacted] ill do what i can or at least point u in the right direction

I edited out your email address for your privacy and safety. You can contact the other member via Private Message if you want to give that kind of information--thanks!

MatrixN

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
This topic was old.But I just have same problem with my galaxy s6. And I found out myself that you have to go to app manager -all app. Look for Myscipt resources manager and disable it. That is it. Thanks everyone.

Exavian Jackson

May 20, 2016
Visit site
This topic was old.But I just have same problem with my galaxy s6. And I found out myself that you have to go to app manager -all app. Look for Myscipt resources manager and disable it. That is it. Thanks everyone.

I can't find that on my phone I went to the application manager but couldn't find it. My only problem is I can download something like music from livemixtapes but I have to stay on the site in order for it to download. If I go to .your home screen or swipe my screen the download will go away and say it's unsuccessful.

michelleshelly

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi all, please help! I think I am having the same problem as others here.
My Tab S can download most things: app store works fine, some PDFs download & work fine .... but other PDFs, even from the same source website, simply don't do anything. I can’t work out any difference why.
The orange download indicator runs across the top of the screen, but only a blank page comes up & nothing in the download folder.
The exact same files download & open just fine on my S4 phone & other computers, so it is just this tablet device. It’s not the browser either, same problem experienced on 3 different browsers.
The biggest trouble I am having is with files from my cloud accounting software (Xero) ... problems with most pdfs, aba files & some images files ... mobile accounting is what I most need to use this tablet for!!!
It used to work fine .... the problem seems to have started around the end of May, but not sure what is causing it. Updates are up to date, & I have not fiddled with any settings.
I’ve plenty of storage space, I’ve tried clearing the cache, & I’ve tried disabling & re-enabling download manager.
I am desperate to get this problem resolved as it makes my tablet pretty much useless for its intended purpose.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
With thanks,
Michelle.

Dolly Ber

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
Hi! I cannot download anything from my browser or any browser and I cannot also take screenshots on my mobile and my camera capture pic but didn't save it. What should I do now. My mobile is android

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I cannot download anything from my browser or any browser and I cannot also take screenshots on my mobile and my camera capture pic but didn't save it. What should I do now. My mobile is android

Welcome to Android Central! Android is the OS. Which phone do you have?

What are you trying to download on the browser, and from which website? Have you already checked the Download directory using either the Downloads app or a file manager app?

How are you trying to take screenshots?

Is the camera set to save photos to Internal Storage or an SD card?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
i cannot download anything from anywhere including playstore, whatsapp, opera mini. i cant even receive anything from flashshare

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? What happens when you try to download -- do you get an error message? Try going to Settings>Apps, select Download Manager, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop.

marleena01

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
Hi
I have the same problem, I have Android tablet and i could download pics and use internal storage normaly and now I can't dowload anything, can't create new folder, can't acces storage from PC, can't save screenshot. Device is not rooted, I did not try to factory reset because i'm trying to find out solution without deleting everything. I can use SD card ans that is all. Please help.

ethiopia2013

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Android is the OS. Which phone do you have?

What are you trying to download on the browser, and from which website? Have you already checked the Download directory using either the Downloads app or a file manager app?

How are you trying to take screenshots?

Is the camera set to save photos to Internal Storage or an SD card?

hey everyone i seem to have the same problem. I“m trying to download pictures from google photos to my phone to share it on SnapChat but it wont let me i get this display Cant connect unable to download photo