10-08-2017 03:25 PM
49 12
tools
    On my new phone, my one plus one, i am unable to download any files from the internet, such as pictures or converted youtube music. Every time i try to download something wether it be a picture or converter a youtube vid the little arrow symbol pops up and just stops instantly and when i swipe down it says DOWNLOAD UNSUCCESSFUL.
    i have tried different converting websites not change i have tried different internet browsers such as Dolphin and boat browser but they dont change anything
    i have also tried uninstalling CHROME and then trying a different browser but this didnt work
    07-07-2015 12:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps>All, select Download Manager, and Clear Cache/Data, the Force Stop. Now try again.
    07-07-2015 12:39 PM
    Annoyingly this has not worked i tried this both with Chrome and Firefox and chrome still comes up with the arrow but stops and when i swipe down it says Download unsuccessful and it "untitled"
    07-07-2015 05:53 PM
    Is it only happening on one site? I believe that converting YouTube videos into other files violates their terms of service, so something related to that might be preventing the download.
    07-07-2015 06:02 PM
    i can see that being a possible reason but it just confuses me because i could do it on my old phone which was a nexus 5
    Do you have any other solutions ?
    07-08-2015 04:24 AM
    Try a few other browsers, like Dolphin or Maxthon.

Do you have any security or antivirus apps installed?
    07-08-2015 12:25 PM
    On my new phone, my one plus one, i am unable to download any files from the internet, such as pictures or converted youtube music. Every time i try to download something wether it be a picture or converter a youtube vid the little arrow symbol pops up and just stops instantly and when i swipe down it says DOWNLOAD UNSUCCESSFUL.
    i have tried different converting websites not change i have tried different internet browsers such as Dolphin and boat browser but they dont change anything
    i have also tried uninstalling CHROME and then trying a different browser but this didnt work
    I'm having the same problem on my Asus PadFone S running Android Lollipop 5.0 I tried everything even a factory reset and I still have the problem with all browsers
    07-08-2015 03:05 PM
    i have AVG installed and when it did a swipe it came back saying "unsecure privilege mode detected. Your device is running high privilege mode(i.e. it has been rooted). We recommend using only genuine firmware." does this mean anything ????
    07-10-2015 06:38 AM
    Not really sure what that means on an OPO, which runs CyanogenMod (instead of straight-up Android), so maybe AVG is assuming that the device is rooted and running a custom ROM.
    07-10-2015 12:44 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps>All, select Download Manager, and Clear Cache/Data, the Force Stop. Now try again.
    I am experiencing the same. I already did clear cache/data then Force Stop but still the issue persist. I don't have any anti-virus installed on my galaxy s6 except for Knox. What could be the reason why I can't download files from the web?
    07-14-2015 12:34 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The OP seemed to have this issue on only one website--is that the case for you, or are you unable to download files from any website?
    07-14-2015 04:46 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The OP seemed to have this issue on only one website--is that the case for you, or are you unable to download files from any website?
    Hi! I'm having the same issue with downloading EVERYTHING except for apps from play store. The message I get is either download unsuccessful (if it's a file being downloaded from the internet), download failed (on apps such as WhatsApp) or media could not be saved (on hangouts or SMS)...I have had this issue since doing a system reset in July and I recently tried doing another system reset without rooting my phone today and the issue still persists. I'm on Android version 5.0.2 on a One Plus One using OxygenOS 1.0.0. Any thoughts?!?! I'm not very techy, so the more you can dumb this down the better ;P thank you!!!
    09-07-2015 11:42 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you already tried the suggestions in this thread?
    09-08-2015 01:22 AM
    Yes, I have reset to manuf twice now and emptied the cachet and data in download manager multiple times...
    09-08-2015 09:30 AM
    Ok u could try adm downloader it should catch all of your downloads and dl them thru adm

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-08-2015 10:18 AM
    Ok u could try adm downloader it should catch all of your downloads and dl them thru adm

Hi willsp!

So I downloaded ADM from the play store....now what? The downloads of anything (via browser, whatsapp, SMS, hangouts, etc.) are still unsuccessful...
    09-08-2015 03:09 PM
    They should download on adm now if not check the settings

09-08-2015 03:42 PM
    Are they showing up in adm and saying unsuccesfull?

09-08-2015 03:43 PM
    Either way the solution may be to do a factory reset, can u think of anything u have done before it stoped downloading, like changing download location or anything like that

09-08-2015 03:44 PM
    Also can u still download apps, and are low on storage space internal and external

09-08-2015 03:48 PM
    I'm definitely not low on storage space and do not have external storage on this phone (internal space is over 43gb left). Honestly, factory reset is all I did....didn't change anything and phone is currently not rooted. The downloads are not showing up in ADM. Not sure if that is the issue. How do u make ADM the default? As I previously said, I'm not very techy but can follow instructions if u r willing/able to help I have no issues downloading apps from play store, it's everything else that won't write to my internal storage for some weird reason....
    09-08-2015 04:01 PM
    Ok np ill do what i can to help, let me look at mine and see if i can figure something out for u

09-08-2015 04:04 PM
    Ok for me everytime i hit download on anything adm pops up to confirm the download, i use it on every device, it is a very stable way to download as web browsers sometimes fails, but adm can auto restart fails, see if u can edit a file that u have downloaded before it messed up

09-08-2015 04:11 PM
    And once adm is installed it will catch all downloads, just make sure its running in the backround, even though its never been neccesary for me to open it first, but in your case lets leave nothing to chance

09-08-2015 04:13 PM
    If u want to send me a email, [email address redacted] ill do what i can or at least point u in the right direction

09-08-2015 04:15 PM
49 12