"Couldn't sign in" screen after hard reset, can't use phone at all.

A

AC Question

I just upgraded to an S6 Edge a couple days ago and the google play store stopped working, so I decided to do a factory reset since I didn't really have anything to loose. After it reset, I selected the language and skipped the wifi settings, excepted the terms and services, but right after the screen that says its setting everything up for first tie use, step 3 of 4 it goes to the screen that says "checking connection..." and it doesn't find one and the 3G symbol has the ring spinning around it, which I think means it's searching for a signal. This is all it says on the screen: "Couldn't sign in. Can't establish a reliable connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your Android device may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care." The only thing I can do is turn the screen on/off, and shut off/restart the phone. Along with the recovery menu for factory reset and all that stuff before turning the phone on. I would of called but seeing as it's 11:15 pm and I'm only 16, it doesn't seem practical. Regardless I'll go into sprint tomorrow and see if they can help for little to no cost.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This crops up from time to time here, and I'm never entirely sure why it happens. Do you have 2-step authentication set up for your Google account? If so, try turning it off temporarily.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You mentioned skipping the wi-fi setup--but that's usually how you enter your Google account during the Setup Wizard. What if you go through the Setup Wizard again, but this time turn on wi-fi, connect to your wi-fi network, and set up your Google account that way?