Where does Samsung S4 store playlists?

A

AC Question

I made the mistake of copying music to my SD card when my device became full--but now the S4 cannot locate any of my music. So I copied it back to device storage--now the music can be found but all of my playlists are not being found. I can see them on the freaking device with a .pla extension--but it doesn't show up in my playlists! When I create a NEW playlist, it shows up--but I cannot find it in any of the directories in "my files". Please help. It would take several weeks to recreate all these playlists. They mean a lot to me and I want them back!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I made the mistake of copying music to my SD card when my device became full--but now the S4 cannot locate any of my music. So I copied it back to device storage--now the music can be found but all of my playlists are not being found. I can see them on the freaking device with a .pla extension--but it doesn't show up in my playlists! When I create a NEW playlist, it shows up--but I cannot find it in any of the directories in "my files". Please help. It would take several weeks to recreate all these playlists. They mean a lot to me and I want them back!

Welcome to Android Central!

They could be stored in the system folder and you would need root access to view those files.