S5 Battery "seating" issue

A

AC Question

Hi,

I've been having an issue within the last two months or so where my phone will simply cut out when it's jostled - like simply placing it down on a surface in a manner that most people would, or if I'm walking up stairs, etc. It doesn't happen all the time, but frequently enough to be irritating.

So when it the phone does "turn off," I can feel the vibration if I hold the power button down, but the screen doesn't come on. My workaround that turns the screen back on has been to reseat the battery.

I've searched around and can't seem to find anyone with a similar issue. Would this be a battery-related problem, or symptoms of something worse?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have an original or official S5 battery, or a 3rd party one? If it's 3rd party, there may be more chance that it doesn't quite fit perfectly.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Reading through the issues again, I'm not so sure it's a simple issue of the battery seating properly. If the battery were coming loose, I wouldn't expect it to vibrate without the screen coming on. I'd be concerned more about some kind of hardware issue--perhaps the screen connection.