Why do long audio files crash in music players on my Galaxy S4?

A

AC Question

When I listen to podcasts, the audio file crashes and stops playing after the 1 hour mark as if the file has completed playing. When I press play again it just starts at the beginning. This makes me unable to listen to a (for example) 2 hour podcast and just crashes 1 hour into the file.
I know the mp3 file is not the problem because it plays fine on my computer. I even tried playing it on another galaxy s3 and doesn't have this problem. I tried multiple music player platforms (google music player, samsung player, rocket player) and all of them can't play it. It's not the micro sd card's problem since mp3 files both sd card and internal memory suffers this problem.
It's most likely a problem with the phone. Any ideas?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
When I listen to podcasts, the audio file crashes and stops playing after the 1 hour mark as if the file has completed playing. When I press play again it just starts at the beginning. This makes me unable to listen to a (for example) 2 hour podcast and just crashes 1 hour into the file.
I know the mp3 file is not the problem because it plays fine on my computer. I even tried playing it on another galaxy s3 and doesn't have this problem. I tried multiple music player platforms (google music player, samsung player, rocket player) and all of them can't play it. It's not the micro sd card's problem since mp3 files both sd card and internal memory suffers this problem.
It's most likely a problem with the phone. Any ideas?

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried reseting the app? Go to settings, applications, all apps, find the music player app and clear the data. That should reset the app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital