Why won't these apps use the internet correctly?

A

AC Question

Hello! :)

I own a Cubot P7, which I purchased at the start of the year. Ever since I got the phone I have had trouble with certain apps. The phone does the rest of its work fine but these apps are troublesome: Grindr, Snapchat and Tinder. (seriously, I'm not desperate for love LOL)

Anyway, Grindr hasn't worked since the day I first turned the phone on. What happens is that it says "Hmm... something went wrong. Please check your Internet connection and try again." (Text appears on the app and not via notifications). Or if it does get past the loading screen (which it normally doesn't), it will say "cannot connect to network" (which is a red box that drop downs within the app), and no profiles will appear. I find this extremely odd as my phone seems perfectly capable of handling the app.

As for Snapchat, it did work perfectly when I first got the phone, but after a couple of months it randomly stopped working (could have been an update), and the error is basically the same as Grindr's. It appears as a network error. I seem to be able to log into my account and all but the snaps do not load. They just sit there with the loading circle and a message drops down from the top, within the app, saying a problem occurred and that I should check my network connection.

Tinder works fine, and I can message people, but no images load. I am stuck with that loading circle again. On the rare occasion they would load but they take ages. Most of the time, they just do not load.

I am connected to WiFi at home, which is fast. All the other internet apps like Facebook and Messenger function perfectly as they should with all imagery loading. The problem persists even on a data connection with my network provider.

I am certainly troubled by this and I am quite technically savvy. I have 143MB of space still available on my internal storage and 529MB available on my SD card. The RAM of the phone is 512MB, the screen resolution is 540x960 and it runs on Android 4.2.2. The CPU is ARM Cortex-A7, 1300MHz and the GPU is ARM Mali-400 MP2, 500MHz. Sorry I cannot link to the full spec with this post count.

Any help is appreciated. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech