How do I stop the LED flashing after I already unlocked and checked the notifcations panel on my S5?

A

AC Question

So i recently upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to an S5. On the S3, if I got a notification (say a Facebook message), and I unlocked the screen to check what the message was, if I pulled down the drop down menu and saw the notification there, but *didn't clear it* and then locked the phone again, the LED would no longer blink. This was a useful feature as it meant I didn't have to read every single message if I wanted the light to stop flashing - if a message didn't seem that important I could postpone clicking the actual notification and reading it until later, and then the LED would only flash again if I got another new message.

However, on my new S5, it doesn't work like this any more. Now, unless I literally clear the whole of the drop down menu of all notifications, when I lock the screen again after checking them, it will continue to flash, which is very annoying! Is there a way to stop this and get the old behaviour? I tried downloading an app called "Light Manager" but that didn't seem to work. Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15