Why is my galaxy s5 fingerprint does'nt work?

A

AC Question

I just got this phone galaxy s5 a month ago and the finger print was amazing but after a week it started to say error please restart your phone I restarted the phone and even rest it but still doesn't work please help me

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried changing the screen lock to something else first (like pattern or PIN), then going back to the fingerprint scanner, so that it goes through the whole setup process again?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean that you were able to change to a pattern lock, then changed back to fingerprint, and the scanner still doesn't work? Did you also mean that you did a full factory reset?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I assume that's yes to both questions. The scanner might be faulty. Bring it back to the store and ask for a replacement. If they can't replace it, then contact Samsung for warranty service.

I deleted your multiple posts where you simply re-quoted your initial post. Not sure if that was a glitch, but if you were doing it intentionally, please don't--community guidelines ask that you limit "bumping" a post to once a day. Thanks for understanding! Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums