Whay does smart synch say "The syncing of Outlook has been cancelled because an error occurred"?

A

AC Question

Whay does smart synch say "The syncing of Outlook has been cancelled because an error occurred"?

It fails doing calendar sync, providing no useful data. Contact sync works, back up works (actuak backup not proven)

mike3dvision

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Whay does smart synch say "The syncing of Outlook has been cancelled because an error occurred"?

I'm getting this same error message when trying to sync calendar - it goes through the whole process of syncing only to display this error message at the end, anyone?

Funky_Green

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Whay does smart synch say "The syncing of Outlook has been cancelled because an error occurred"?

Answered...(maybe for some)

Like you, I've tried many things to get this working so let me just give you what I believe is what ultimately made it work for me.

1. Click on Outlook Sync, then go to Sync Preferences for Outlook (bottom left).
2. Then click on Initialise the syncing log for Outlook at the top right and check the boxes of what you want to sync. It doesn't have any OK or CANCEL buttons so just click the Close button at top right.
3. Click OK and Sync Now

Somehow, activating the sync log made it pay attention and work, and it asked about conflicts and then completed the sync.

Some notes on what else I tried that got me to the above answer:
1. Firstly, Smart Synch did work initially and for many months after its first install, then it started its nonsense
2. I had a few subfolders in Contacts in Outlook and tried deleting those which didn't help
3. I ran the sync and unticked Contacts when I set the sync preferences so only Tasks and Calendar would sync, which just worked
4. Contacts on its own would still not sync after that
5. Enabling the sync log is the only thing that has worked for me, but you have to enable it every time

Samsung...really. You guys should be producing much, much better software for managing your phones.

TeaJai

May 10, 2016
Visit site

I know this is an old thread but had to register to say thanks for this fix; saved me:)

zenman60

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site

This may be an old thread, but it just happened to me, and the fix did not work. Initializing the sync log made the calendar sync get further into the process, but the result was the same: "The syncing of Outlook has been cancelled because an error occurred". It used to die right after loading the calendar change history. Initializing the sync log caused to get to about 78% into the "syncing outlook calendar" step, but it still died. THIS USED TO WORK FINE!! It started failing the first time I tried adding an appointment on my Galaxy and pushing it back to Outlook. Now, ALL my appointments on my Galaxy are GONE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair