what is apps trending that comes up at the bottom of my Scrabble screen?

A

AC Question

I can't get rid of 'Apps Trending ' in a little circle at the bottom of the Scrabble screen. It keeps me from playing Scrabble.

Timothy Mickol

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
So who gets revenue from interstitial ads in scrabble game play? I'm proposing we organize and simply stop all online scrabble play for a 1 month period. I mean deleting our accounts to show we are serious. This app is very poorly managed

whodewhate

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I took turned my phone off and took out the battery. When I booted it back up, I could shuffle again, view my teacher's advice, and use recall; however, the Apps Trending was still lurking at the bottom of the Scrabble screen. To fix this, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Scrabble game. Now it's working fine, but all of my existing games disappeared. It probably looks like I through in the towel or something!
Anyway, I left Scrabble a poor rating and asked them to Fix the problem of "Apps Trending," since it's only on their game, I'm guessing it's one of many ads they've approved, but didn't fully screen.

Keith Esau

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
The back button only works if the "Apps Trending" ad cycles out. Once it displays though, the buttons are fairly useless and quitting and restarting seems to be the only sure solution.

I can't believe you allow that ad anyway since it does not conform to the size restrictions.

kbholloway

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I've tried everything I can think of to fix this. It just keeps coming back. This is the worst scrabble break yet. Another place to post about this is EA Scrabble Forums. Keep speaking out folks!

P.S I've also had it where one chat conversation with one person pops up in chat with a different person. SO unacceptable!

lyfarmo

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I've emailed EA twice, received automated "check our help desk." Went to their website and requested a call from a gaming assistant, which was suppose to happen nine minutes later. <crickets> I finally called Google Play services. They said they had no control over it because it was an in-game thing and EA would be responsible for that. However, they are sending me a form to fill out that will go to the devs of Scrabble. Tons of people on the Google Play Scrabble site have rated it one star because of the Apps Trending thing. I don't know if they aren't responding because they are scrambling to fix it, but I suspect it's more likely that because it's a free game they just don't care. If I find out more, I'll post here.

kbholloway

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
FYI, I've been that route with the phone call that is supposed to come in 9 minutes (seems to be the standard number) and they will call back. let it ring once, so they can say they did, but hang up before you can answer.

lyfarmo

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Well, surprise, surprise, I actually did get a call back from them.:D Wasn't within the 9 minutes they said it would be, it was an hour and a half later (maybe they forgot the 0 and meant 90 not 9 minutes...yeah, that's it... ;)) Although I couldn't find anywhere online that showed any kind of response from EA about this problem, they told me they have received a number of complaints about it (and mentioned the forums) and are working on a patch to remove the Apps Trending ad from the ad rotation. So, maybe they do read these things - I also posted on the EA Scrabble forum. We'll keep our collective fingers crossed and hope we can uninhibitedly play Scrabble again soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781