After factory reset, data will not work?

A

AC Question

After I had factory reset my ZTE Rapido, my data will not work. I can turn it on (meaning I can press the data button to turn it on and it will turn white saying its activated) but it wont actually connect. When I activate the data it will not show that the data is on by the upper right corner of my phone. (I have 4G, normally it would turn blue & have 4G next to it.) Nor when I try to connect to facebook or google, or the app store (providing examples, basically anything requiring internet I cannot use) it wont work.

Jeffy Jebastin

Aug 16, 2017
Visit site
1) settings->mobile settings->select the required APN (access point names). If not available then create one with port 48(for internet)

2) settings ->mobile settings->Network operators (Make sure the required network operator is selected)

3) settings ->sim card manager ->Data services Network (Select from which sim do you need to access the data)

Takemehome1

Aug 21, 2017
Visit site
HelpRe: After factory reset, data will not work?

Help. I have a ZTE and my internet isn't working at all. I unplugged and plug the router back up didn't work. Then I reset my phone. Still didn't work. I even tried forgetting the connection and signing back in it. I tried looking for something to help me but couldn't find anything

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: HelpRe: After factory reset, data will not work?

Help. I have a ZTE and my internet isn't working at all. I unplugged and plug the router back up didn't work. Then I reset my phone. Still didn't work. I even tried forgetting the connection and signing back in it. I tried looking for something to help me but couldn't find anything
Welcome. :)

Do other devices connect okay?

sujit basu

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
Re:

After factory reset the mobile network may not work since the data roaming key gets automatically off. So switch on the roaming button inside mobile networks menu. It may solve your problem. At least it has solved mine.

kid caramba

Jan 5, 2018
Visit site
This is absolutely ridiculous !! Obviously nor Motorola nor Lenovo have a clue, or what is even more certain, they know that their phones are trash and won't even offer a proper solution.

I tried everything and even after formatting the device the issue goes on.

Not one change, reset, actualization or anything works !!!!! It is what many customers say...as soon as this issue affects a Motorola device it is time to buy a new phone.

**** YOU FOR THAT !!!

I mean i can understand that a mobile device in due time comes up with issues but in my case it has been five months...FIVE MONTHS !!!!! The device is brand new...

One last thing...stop giving useless advices, stop supporting customers completely like other companies do, so at least people stop buying your ****.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
This is absolutely ridiculous !! Obviously nor Motorola nor Lenovo have a clue, or what is even more certain, they know that their phones are trash and won't even offer a proper solution.

I tried everything and even after formatting the device the issue goes on.

Not one change, reset, actualization or anything works !!!!! It is what many customers say...as soon as this issue affects a Motorola device it is time to buy a new phone.

**** YOU FOR THAT !!!

I mean i can understand that a mobile device in due time comes up with issues but in my case it has been five months...FIVE MONTHS !!!!! The device is brand new...

One last thing...stop giving useless advices, stop supporting customers completely like other companies do, so at least people stop buying your ****.

I’ve had no trouble with Moto devices but there you go.

Rpmman

Mar 27, 2022
Visit site
**Before you do this go to your carrier and get the most recent 4G LTE APN settings****

LG Phones might work with others

I figured it out there is an APN inside the secret phone menu. Not the access point names menu on the regular menu. Dial *#546368#*model number# put in the three digits of your phone model number then #
Goto Field Test then Modem Settings then PDP setting then select APN you should see a generic APN that says LTE import or something for the name with no APN. USE THAT ONE fill in with all the information from your carrier and delete all the other APN's that aren't working. Back out of that and make sure your phone's on the LTE setting and it should come on.

Conclusion, I'm assuming this is the auto setting that the SIM card puts in the phone for your network settings and sometimes are configured incorrectly and what's happening is it's reading that before it reads the APNs you put in outside of the hidden menu so it won't turn on your LTE. Once you change that and put the correct settings in it will read that first and your LTE will come on.
It will also put the configuration in the APN access point MENU tso you'll see it after you get out of the hidden menu.
Most likely this may work with other phones as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21